Watanabe Shun
1st Year Business School
Japan is on the way of reform. The Democratic Party defeated the Liberal Democratic Party in the election in July and become the majority party. Yukio Hatoyama assumed the premiership. He said, “The most important thing is the life of the nations”. He has the belief in “fraternity”. That word symbolizes him. And he has changed many things since the election. Now, prime minister, Yukio Hatoyama and The Democratic Party have many supports, but I sometimes think some policies of The Democratic Party are not right.
A few days ago, I watch in the news about the classification of business on the TV. Many people were interested in that policy, so there were many spectators to hear about the meeting. Many businesses were abolished or reviewed after the budgets. But then, I thought some decisions went wrong.
The expense of strengthening the athletes is one of the reduced budget. Many athletes protested against this decision. A member of the Diet said, “The purpose of Olympic Games is to participating, not to winning medals.” It is not false, but I think that these expenses should not be reduced. Athletes are the whole nation’s heroes or heroines. All athletes ought to work to strengthen themselves and get a medal. And they try hard to win the match. I have been given many impressions and hopes by Japanese athletes. They showed me great performances. If the expenses of strengthening the athlete are reduced, the opportunity that we can be excited by sports may decrease. And children may lose the interest to be an athlete who is their heroes . Today, the depression of economy in Japan is very serious. But, athletes will make us happy through their performances. And after the war, athletes like Hironoshin Huruhashi cheered Japan by the sports lovers. Like this, sports have many good points. I think that expense should not be reduced.
The expense of science study was also decided to be reduced. A lot of members of Diet said, “This budget is so costly that it is suffering on the finance of Japan.” Some professors and Novel prize winners complained about this decision. They said, “Today, the power of science makes our lives so successful.” I think so too. In fact, we use many a powers of science in our daily lives –robotics, biotechnology, etc. And, Japan has great skills for many fields so our country must lead the world. Money is necessary to develop the science. If that budget is reduced, many young scientists will be in trouble about their studies because of a lack of money.
To reduce the waste of money is surely important, but, I think The Democratic Party’s ways to cut down the budgets are too assertive. They should speculate about the way and substance of that reduction. When I watched the news at first, I thought that they were trying only to reduce the budget. Many people object to those decisions. So I think The Democratic Party ought to reconsider it.
The problem of American bases at Okinawa is another subject for The Democratic Party. People in Okinawa want The Democratic Party to move Futenma base as soon as possible. Prime minister Hatoyama said that Futenma base will be moved within a year, but it may be impossible. I think the government should take some measure onthis problem. This is both chance and crisis for Yukio Hatoyama and The Democratic Party.
I expect The Democratic Party to change this country. Many people also expect them do so. I want them to meet the nation’s requirements and make Japan better. They should have confidence in their acts, but must not forget that they have responsibility.
No comments:
Post a Comment