Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Obama's Riddle Song

New Health Care Plan was unveiled by the White House.

It occurred to me that I have heard this song before.  Over the last 18 months or so, the true believers of Obama’s powers to transform have helped to create a narrative that doomed this President with respect to meeting expectations.

Obama promised many things and helped to paint vivid imagery of how he would be a “transformative” (new word) force in politics like Ronald Reagan.  It was a nice pander to independents and Republicans, but totally devoid of historical fact.

Here is the rambling quote – from comments to the Reno Gazette Journal Editorial Board:

I don’t want to present myself as some sort of singular figure. I think part of what’s different are the times. I do think that, for example, the 1980 election was different. I think Ronald Reagan changed the trajectory of America in a way that you know Richard Nixon did not, and in a way that Bill Clinton did not. He put us on a fundamentally different path because the country was ready for it. I think they felt like, you know, with all the excesses of the 60’s and the 70’s and, you know, government had grown and grown but there wasn’t much sense of accountability in terms of how it was operating. And I think people just tapped into – he tapped into what people were already feeling, which is we want clarity, we want optimism, we want you know a return to that sense of dynamism and you know, entrepreneurship that had been missing, alright?

His message of hope and change and a host of empty promises followed right up through and even after his inauguration.

Obama has been singing the first verse of the Riddle Song to us the whole time.  The public just interrupted him and smashed his guitar against the wall.

Obama promised us a cherry, that has no stone. (Stimulus would reduce unemployment and save the economy from recession)

Obama promised us a chicken, that has no bone. (Health care “reform” that has no reform – just a “progressive” wet dream)

Obama told us all a story, that has no end. (Transparent government? Close Gitmo?  End war? Talk is cheap – so far, there isn’t much doing)

SMASH!!!!!! Election losses overwhelm push polls that were artificially keeping his numbers up.

Sorry.

The original lyrics are here

[Via http://atimetochoose.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment