Can’t say I’d heard of the Legatum Institute before the release of its second annual country Prosperity Index. [Check out its Wikipedia entry for more info]. If you have, then I imagine you’re seriously clued up with the goings on in the world of fund management and sovereign wealth funds. Also, they must have access to serious amounts of ‘wonga’ to own a two letter domain – li.com, and also prosperity.com.
Looking at the Index, there’s nothing too startling in the UK being only placed 12th in their 2009 Prosperity Index, bearing in mind our parlous ‘economic fundamentals’. Surprisingly we’ve improved from 14th position last year – perhaps a case of others slipping down a place or two. I’ve not studied their methodology in creating this index, but its delivery is technologically savvy. Instead of simply viewing each country’s entry in the index, it’s possible to compare different countries in one spider graph. I gave up at comparing four countries. The first one I chose to compare ourselves against was France – obviously, then Belgium, and then the USA.
Have a play around yourself. It’s impressive stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment