It IS everywhere. Just a short article today – this is too … shocking not to be shared.
So I was checking my email on whether my printing order is completed, and glanced over at the news.
Yahoo finance: Country Now Officially McDonald’s Free
I don’t know what’s more shocking – that they only had three McDonalds, or that they had to close down the three McDonalds because making a burger is getting expensive. I just went to McDonalds yesterday. They had my little pony ponies for happy meal toys (I got one, I’m happy).
“…McDonald’s, which currently operates in more than 119 countries on six continents, has exited a country. Its one and only restaurant in Barbados closed after just six months in 1996 because of slow sales. In 2002, the company pulled out of seven countries, including Bolivia, that had poor profit margins…”
119+ countries?
119+ countries.
The UN recognizes around 194-ish countries. Tiny countries like Micronesia must make up about another twenty. Then there are the third world countries that are really really poor, which makes up about thirty, and then there’s the dictator countries like North Korea and (somewhat) Belarus…
In other words, McDonalds operates in every country it possibly can.
Even China has it. :-/. But then, China has KFC as well… even if nobody in China knows what KFC stands for. They just assume it’s Cornel’s name. XD
Watch out people… The Taliban is not about to take over the world — McDonalds is.
No comments:
Post a Comment