As I search for some articles to be used on my Macroeconomics written report, a post entitled “When P500 equals 13″ caught my attention.
I thought this article would be perfect for my assignment, concluding that maybe today’s P500 bill is equal to 13 pesos of some base year. But it is not, it is somewhat much more interesting. Something related to feng shui. Upon reading it, I immediately asked my mom for a P500 bill, checked it and eventually agree for the bill to be redesigned.
Yeah, just like that. Why?
For some reasons the yellow note has a bad luck charm.
- There are 13 people present on both sides of the bill.
- The figure 500 appears 13 times.
- The second of the four star bands, incidentally, has 13 stars.
Apparently, the yellow note has too much 13 that it symbolizes bad luck too much. And may I add Ninoy’s pose – chin resting on his hand a.k.a. the malas pose – connotes negativity. An anonymous business man said that simple redesign of the bill may change the country’s fortune. Philippine economy is not on good position and we’re not Taylor Swift whose lucky number is 13.
Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas must start redesigning by adding late Pres. Cory Aquino on the bill. And if you are asking “what if it did not work?” I’ll ask you back, “what if it did work?” Nothing will be lost if we tried. Besides Pres. Cory deserves to be on the bill.
No comments:
Post a Comment